Friday, May 31, 2013

We're Friends Here

After compiling a list of single foster and adoption blogs on Attempting Agape, I realized I wanted to do more to connect people who've decided to jump into the deep end of fostering and adopting without a partner. This is my attempt to do that. So, my hope for this blog is to be so much more than a blog, I want it to become a large support network for single foster and adopt Mamma's and Daddies all over the place.

I dream of this becoming a community who seeks to support, encourage and develop real relationships with other single foster and adoptive parents. A happy side effect would be creating a place where those considering taking the same step could come, ask questions and get answers from those who have walked before.

Because who among us single parents has time to meet new people in real life anyway?

No matter how you choose to be involved, I would challenge you to comment, post and give your input as much as possible, so we can really get to know each-other and be an encouragement and support

I look forward to hearing from you and starting this fun new project - and meeting all of you!!!!!

Foster Mamma

7 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm a single adoptive Mom to my almost 6 year old daughter. I would love to become involved in this community!
    www.allaboutelizabeth-Anne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great - I sent an invite to become an contributing blogger, or just feel free to comment away. :)

      Delete
  2. So excited for this blog! I'm 22 and want to be a foster mom when I graduate w/ my master's degree in 2 years! Excited for inspiration from this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Welcome - ask whatever questions you have and share they joy! I love fresh people!

      Delete
  3. I am a mid-forties single mama to a spirited nine year old daughter. I have been single for the past six years. Last year, I finally decided to take the plunge and become a foster parent. I waited six months and finally got the call...a baby boy, preemie...I waited for him to be able to gain enough wait to come home. He came to us at 4 lbs.8 oz. I did not know until ACS brought him to my home that he was withdrawing from methadone. The almost three weeks that followed were heartbreakingly beautiful but they brought me to my knees...Nights in the ER with tremors, night upon night awake and screaming...Neither me nor my daughter slept and I began feeling like I was having a breakdown. I realized how small I was...just me alone, no support. I don't have parents or any family...only a brother who lives two hours away. It was very difficult. We loved him but I had to interrupt the placement and give him to a family of two parents who could be there for him. I have not had another call since (August) and I am waiting and wondering. Can my dream come true? Can I do this just ME? My heart wants to so badly...I need support and a community. Maybe this will help. Thank you for giving me a place to share my story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am a single 27 year old foster mama. Right now I have two amazing little boys aged 2 1/2 and 4. Fostering is a small world, but single fostering is even smaller. I am looking forward to reading more on this blog.
    God bless!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for this site :) can you please pass along info. re: what/if any international adoption agency would be great to work with if you are planning on adopting as a single mom?

    ReplyDelete

We are friends here. Share your heart, your thoughts, questions or comments, but keep it respectful or comment will be deleted.