Thursday, May 30, 2013

welcome to the crazy

My name is Habesha Child, and my regular joint is over at Let Unfold.  Happy to be here and looking forward to the community we will build.

I’m a bullet-point kind of gal, so here goes:
  • I’m a native Californian, wine geek, frustrated traveler, and word nerd (don't get me started on the Oxford Comma). I can be plied with salted pig parts, letterpress papers, and cashmere.
  • Five years ago I adopted my amazing, beautiful daughter E from Ethiopia.
  • E is not an easy kid.  She is what folks call “twice exceptional”:  both gifted and challenged in neurological and emotional ways. We have attachment issues up in here.  So, it’s hard for her.  And for me.  But we are working it out. She’s the most astounding person I have ever had the fortune to meet and I feel blessed to be her mother.
  • Besides doing the single mom thing, I work full-time in a pretty demanding gig, [try to and lately fail to] work out regularly, get out to eat and drink once in a while, see friends and family
  • I have always been "single"- never married.  Engaged twice, some epic love affairs, but that's a longer post.  I still make the occasional stab at finding lasting love.  This is lately looking up. 
  • I decided about a year ago to finally pull the trigger on adopting my second child, also from Ethiopia.  I’m asking for a boy, age 2 to 4.
  • I am (clearly) insane.






So, I think that about wraps it up. I'm looking forward to the ride.


Read all posts by Habesha Child

1 comment:

  1. So nice to "meet" you. I actually went though your blog at Let Unfold and read it ALL - so I feel like we just had coffee while E did a little gig for us. I think the video of her dancing on cinco de mayo was my favorite - what a fun spirit she has. She reminds me a lot of my nieces. One who was the off the wall spunky girl (with some of the diagnosis thrown in too) and the other who has drawn rainbows on EVERYTHING for years now.

    Glad to be on this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete

We are friends here. Share your heart, your thoughts, questions or comments, but keep it respectful or comment will be deleted.